Friday, June 14, 2013

Free Hugs Tour 2013 Day 1

Today was the first day of giving away hugs for Free Hugs Tour 2013.  Here is how it went:
I woke up at 7:00 am took a shower, my mom and sister drove me to Union Station in Chicago to catch my 8:25 train to Milwaukee.  I got into Milwaukee around 10 am, checked into a hotel and went over to the Milwaukee Public Market.  I got there around 1pm and hugged there til about 3:30.  I then walked around and met up with my friend Danielle and got dinner with her.  Total I gave away hugs until about 5:30.  I gave away 77 hugs in that time.  All in all today was a good, nice, and smooth transition into Free Hugs Tour 2013.  

Some highlights from the day are:
1) The first hug I got walking down the street from someone walking down the street dressed in a suit.  2) The first group of people that hugged me when I was at the Milwaukee Public Market.  They were super awesome and supportive and just really cool.  Groups like that help me keep on doing what I am doing and keep on going.  They inspire me and all I can do is hope that I had a positive and inspiring impact on them.
3) There was a lady who was also fantastic who talked to me for a while about my Free Hugs projects and asked me a lot of questions.  It was amazing.  I love talking about Free Hugs, I could do it all day!! Thanks!
4) I got to see my amazing friend Danielle.  She is amazing and a blessing and a fantasically amazing friend.
5) There were a couple of families that came up to me and hugged me and were really interested in the free hugs.  It was awesome.  One of the little girls even said that she saw other Free Huggers when they were in New York!! It was awesome.  Very inspiring.

Random thought: when people take pictures of me, maybe I should get them to send them to me so that I can upload them on future blog posts and upload them to my website!! See, I am learning stuff already and it's only the first day!! :) Stay Tuned for the Day 2 update tomorrow!

Hugs,
David Melia (Professional Free Hugger)

No comments:

Post a Comment