Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 11/12 (June 24/25)

Day 11

Summary:
Today I got into Seattle at 10:30 am and got to the hostel that I am staying at about 11:30 but couldn't get into my room until 12:30. I dropped off my bags and headed to a Starbucks across the street to write some emails and do some organizing when I met Bill Oldenburg and chatted with him for a while about books that we wrote and are writing.  I then gave away some hugs and chilled at the hostel and met some really interesting and awesome people there.  A couple of them hugged with me on day 12.

Highlight:
1) Meeting Bill Oldenburg
2) The location and aweosmeness of the Green Turtle Hostel in Seattle.
3) Talking about my Free Hugs Tour 2013 and making friends.
4) The enthusiasm and support of others of my free hugging projects.

Lowlight:
1) None

Learned:
1) People are awesome.
2) A hostel provides a lot of contacts and Seattle is great especially the public market.
3) I watch too much Burn Notice.  (It takes up valuable time)

Day 12

Summary:
I started hugging today at about 10:30.  Derek (a friend who I met at the hostel) met up with me and hugged with me until about 4 pm.  He bought me lunch at Chipotle at about 12:30.  I also met up with my amazing friend from school, Emma.  We hung out for a couple hours from about 3-5ish.
I enjoyed an amazing free dinner of spaghetti at the hostel at about 7 and met a girl from Australia (where the free hugs campaign started!)  

Highlight:
1) Meeting a group on a mission trip spreading love through talking and praying for people on the streets.
2) The joy and excitement on their faces when I gave them free hugs signs and free hugs patches.
3) Being able to be an inspiration for people that inspire me, such as this awesome group of people.
4) I don't know if I have made this clear, but this group that I met on a missions trip was the highlight of my day.
5) Getting to talk to and hug 156 wonderful people in Seattle.

Lowlight:
1) None.

Learned:
1) Hugging in a group is awesome.
2) Free food is the best.
3) 156 hugs seems like a lot but it seems like a lot less when you are out there hugging for 7 hours.
4) Relaxing and going with the flow is a good skill to have in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment