Saturday, July 20, 2013

Day 33/34/35 (July 16/17/18)

Day 33 (July 16)

Summary:
Today I went to pick up a bike I rented at a shop called The Bikesmith near Old Town in Albuquerque.  I then went to Tim's Place which serves 'Breakfast, Lunch, and Hugs'.  It was one of the greatest places to go while on a Free Hugs Tour!! It was awesome to meet with Tim, give him, as well as some of the customers hugs, and bond over the amazing love of hugs that we both share! It was one of the greatest experiences that I have had on tour so far.
Here are some pictures of the experience:


 I then biked to Starbucks to work on some stuff on the computer.  Lastly I went back to my hosts house and enjoyed a great nights rest.

Highlights:
1) Meeting Tim and giving him hugs and a complimentary copy of my book while bonding over our common love of hugs.
2) Biking around and getting back in shape.

Lowlights:
1) None

Learned:
1) Tim's Place really is one of the nicest places I have ever been to.
2) Biking up the mountains at such a high altitude is exhausting!


Day 34 (July 17)

Summary:
Today I visited Tim's Place again before biking back to my host's house.  After I finished my last blog post, we went to the mall in Albuquerque's Uptown.  I hugged there a little bit but the indoor mall atmosphere is a little bit different than what I am used to.  After the mall I went back to my host's house and at 7:00 went over to a park where I met up with my friend Josh from school.  He and some of his friends and I all hung out by playing some knockout and ultimate frisbee until about 10:00 pm.  I then biked back to the host's house and got ready for the trip to Denver tomorrow.

Highlights:
1) Visiting Tim's place again and enjoying the hugging atmosphere of his restaurant.
2) Playing Ultimate Frisbee with some friends.
3) Winning our game of Ultimate Frisbee.

Lowlights:
1) Hugging in a mall is not my favorite place to hug, I am always scared of getting kicked out.. I don't know why I should care about getting kicked out, but I am.

Learned:
1) Friends are good to have and hangout with.
2) A hugs restaurant is one of the most magical places in the world.

Day 35 (July 18)

Summary:
Today I woke up at 6:00 and biked back to The Bikesmith shop where I rented my bike from.  I arrived at 8:00 am, an hour and a half before they opened so I went to to eat breakfast at Starbucks.  While I was sitting there I met a lot of people and gave away about 25 hugs just working on my computer in Starbucks (my computer has a Free Hugs patch on the back of it).  It really brightened my day that in the everyday activity in our everyday lives people can interact and hug and create friendships.  It warmed my heart and definitely made my day.  Albuquerque, although really spread out, has a lot of some of the nicest people that I have met on this tour so far.  At 9:30 am when The Bikesmith opened, I went and returned my bike and started my walk to the Amtrak station.  On my way there a couple of people hugged me with my backpack on which was pretty cool.  I got to the train station at 11:00 am for my 12:10 departing train.  I boarded the train at about 11:30.  Once the train was on its way it was about 4 hours to my stop at Raton, New Mexico where I transferred to a bus that would take me to Denver.  I arrived in Denver at 10:00pm and my host picked me up from the Amtrak station.  We talked for a little bit and he showed me around before we went to bed to get ready for tomorrow morning.

Highlights:
1) Meeting some inspiring and friendly people while I was at Albuquerque Starbucks.
2) Arriving in Denver.
3) Getting some work done while traveling.

Lowlights:
1) Traveling is really tiring and sometimes boring (the train part at least)
2) Riding a bike with my heavy backpacking pack.

Learned:
1) Anywhere you go, amazing and inspiring people are waiting to be met.

No comments:

Post a Comment