Saturday, March 12, 2011

Exciting Developments

I currently purchased a shopping cart thingy (I don't know exactly what it is called) but it was $20 and it is what I am going to use to hold my products and store them for when I get my peddlers permit. I am hoping that I will get up enough courage to try and go get a peddlers permit sometime this next week, maybe Monday or Tuesday. On Monday I am going to drive with my Dad to Naperville and get a toaster oven for my journey.
Two days ago on Wednesday I attended a networking event provided by the Wright Institute where I met some really interesting people and a good opportunity for me to try and challenge myself to become a better person and improve my business. The people that I met there were interested in the same things as me and dedicated to trying to improve their lives and it was really interesting to meet these people from young to older who all wanted to make a difference in their lives and improve the world in good ways. I am still trying to sort through all of the things that I learned there and apply them into my life and life plans.
I actually finally sent the message to the band Sick Puppies asking them if they would be interested in funding me for the year of me living in my Ford and in return for that year I would have their logo painted on my car for the entirety of that journey.
Yesterday I spent 4 hours making duct tape wallets and a duct tape cowgirl/cowboy hat out of duct tape for a customer. You can see a picture here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=33204&id=114746998536604&saved#!/photo.php?fbid=204658076212162&set=a.160086894002614.33204.114746998536604&theater
So yeah, thats about what I have been up to :D Have a great day! Thanks for reading!
Hugs!
:David

2 comments:

  1. This might sound a little strange, but I noticed something that led my to your facebook page, and I've got to say, you have me quite intrigued. I wanted to say that your duct taping skills are incredible, Rise Against is an amazing band, and that Free Hugging a completely noble profession. I love what you said in one of your posts about how much stuff we have, without ever really having a place for it. It reminds me of a George Carlin short, I don't know if you've ever seen it.

    Anyway, to the point, your duct tape wallet looks pretty epic. Would you be able to make a couple from different colors, and how much would you sell them for, were you willing?

    Either way, best of luck to you on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :D I am glad that you enjoy my posts! :D Yeah I would totally be willing to make you some wallets. I sell them for 12 dollars each. What colors would you like? Would you like a list of the colors or do you have some in mind that you would like? I have not heard about the George Carlin short but I will totally look into it! Thank you for the comment! It made my day a lot better. I really appreciate it.
    Hugs!
    :David

    ReplyDelete