Friday, February 4, 2011

Car Living Updates

A lot has happened in the past few weeks and there is much more exciting things coming up in the next few weeks and months and the next year. First, I have been coming up with ideas and doing research on the idea of living in a car. While doing research and thinking realisticly about actually making this dream to travel around the country spreading love peace and happiness come true, much needed to happen. First, I needed to make sure that I have enough room in the type of car that I choose to live in. After doing research on different cars as possibilites for living in I came to the conclusion that the Ford Transit Connect would actually be the best type of car to live in rather than a Subaru Outback or other type of Van. Some of the main reasons for this choice are: its good gas millage (20-22 mpg city 24-26 mpg highway),its abundance of space for both work and residing as well as its unique disposition to achieve both a good working business office area as well as a place to chill and sleep at night. I find it also to be similar in design to the concept of the "Bufalino" car which is made to be like a "mobile home/apartment" except bigger and available on the market today. http://dvice.com/archives/2010/08/bufalino-concep.php and http://www.ford.com/trucks/transitconnect/ tell me what you think but I think they are similar and the transit connect could be used quite well as a mobile home to travel the country in.
Recently I have been doing a lot of thought about how I am going to get funding for this project. I am in the process of writing a letter to the band "Sick Puppies" in order to try and secure funding. In return for the funding of the Sick Puppies I am willing to use my van for advertising for the Sick Puppies as well as making some duct tape wallets that sport the Sick Puppies logo. I will keep you updated. Thank you for all of your support!
<3 :David

No comments:

Post a Comment